Noribachi is an industry-leading, United States based, custom LED manufacturer for high output commercial and industrial applications.
We are always interested in hearing from talented and energetic individuals stimulated by a fast-paced environment.
Noribachi challenges traditional assumptions about lighting companies; suffice to say we are unlike any other manufacturer. Founded in 2007 by two former Silicon Valley executives, Noribachi fosters a corporate culture of camaraderie, innovation, and creativity. We’re more akin to Google than Philips.
Noribachi, an L.A.-based custom LED manufacturer for high output commercial and industrial solutions, is seeking motivated and ambitious individuals to join our dynamic team. In the past two years, Noribachi has been named to the Inc. 5000, Inc. Magazine’s list of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America, Forbes list of America’s Most Promising Companies and the Los Angeles Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Private Companies list.
At the core we know we’re one of the coolest companies to work for, ever. Like ping-pong, happy hours, and high-energy environments? We’ve got ‘em, and we invite you to apply today!
If you wish to be considered for a position at Noribachi, please send a resume and a cover letter detailing how you think you can contribute to Noribachi’s success to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Controller
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
To assist the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Management in ensuring the financial, operational, and in some aspects, administrative success of the organization. Assist in managing the activities, relationships, and assets of the organization to achieve the desired goals and objectives. The Controller will work closely with senior operations management and must be results oriented, relationship driven and proactive with strong systems and communication skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all day-to-day accounting operations including general ledger and delivery of a timely and accurate month end close.
- Prepare and review month-end reports and financial statements.
- Responsible for overseeing and reporting cash sources and uses including cash collections and accounts payable.
- Calculate and report monthly commissions.
- Oversee cost accounting and BOM accuracy by SKU/ITEM.
- Oversee quarterly inventory counts and periodic cycle counts.
- Prepare financial reports for presentation to Investors and the Board of Directors.
- Interact with key operational management team and act as a liaison with all issues related to the financial matters of the company.
- Prepare monthly and year-to-date actual vs. budget analysis with detailed explanations.
- Assist in budgeting, forecasting, reforecasting and consolidating information.
- Manage and supervise staff.
- Review internal controls and procedures for compliance with company policies.
- Oversee audit and tax relationships with outside independent advisors; prepare documents necessary for audit and corresponding tax returns.
- Responsible for compliance with bank/lending covenants and oversee the creation of the periodic compliance reports.
- CPA preferred but not necessary.
- Ten to twenty years of experience in either a publically-held or privately-held organization; Manufacturing/Costing experience is a must.
- Experience leading the finance/accounting team, and interacting with senior operations management.
- Excellent technical accounting skills — the ability to be hands-on, detail-oriented and comfortable with running a day-to-day operational accounting group.
- A strong foundation in establishing and maintaining policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure integrity of assets.
- Excellent system skills — experience successfully implementing ERP systems.
- Proactive in initiating tasks that will add value.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to take initiative in communicating issues and status.
- Willingness to invest time in learning the business; ability to spend time and “lock elbows” with operations to build relationships.
- A “customer-service” orientation; “how can the accounting group support operations more efficiently?”
- We are industry agnostic but, manufacturing, distribution, retail or strong operational services based businesses are highly desirable.
- Proven leadership skills; player/coach leadership style that creates an environment of accountability and supports/illustrates a commitment to teamwork and delegation. A team builder who takes a non-hierarchical approach to organization and who is willing to empower staff to get the job done while providing the support they need.
Candidates will be attracted by the opportunity to join a successful company which is an industry leader – a company experiencing rapid growth and expansion of its market share. The Controller will have an opportunity to be part of a synergistic management team. The foundation for success is substantial. Existing company attributes include strong financial condition, solid market share, and a proven long-term track record as an innovative “cutting-edge” business.
To Apply for this position, please send email to email@example.com with subject line “Controller”.